Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Politics...the good kind

I've been thinking about it for years.

But it was never the right time.

It's now the right time.

This year it's the municipal elections in our neck of the woods.

And I'm running for councilor.

Lisa Doucette running for District 3.

I like helping people and talking to people and my community

is my passion so it's time for me to give it a go.  



I know I can do good for the people.
I want to help the older people, but also 
bring new and younger people to the area.
Both can benefit from each other.

I have a lot of other concerns.
Things like the environment, jobs, preserving our culture
and I could go on and on.
But what I really want is to listen to the people and 
have them tell me what they want. What their concerns
are all about.  Because I mean, it's them I'll be working for...
right!?

Covid is on so it's not the most ideal time to be running for
an election. But it needs to be done. Some of the candidates
are not going door to door.  I wasn't sure what to do.
But after many sleepless nights and speaking with 
the public and following the provincial 
protocol, I have begun going door to door.
I wear a mask, stay a minimum of 6 feet away and I have
my stash of hand sanitizer ready at all times.

So wish me luck!

Have a Blessed Day
Lisa

1 comment:

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!