Sunday, February 2, 2020

Yes, I have a problem...


The first step to recovery is admitting you have a  problem..

I have a problem...
I'm a plant addict.


Or you can do like I do and  the first step to recovery
is just buying more plants!


And that's what I've been doing.

Buying more houseplants!


This gorgeous  Hellebores isn't new.
I've had it for 3 years.
The first year it bloomed a bit
Last year nada...nothing.

This year I thought I'd go in the backyard and check it out.


Well Hello Mama! I was so happy. 
Needless to say  we've had a very mild winter here.
This was taken yesterday, February 1st!

A mild winter is nice (last year was so windy and it killed a lot of plants)
but not so good for tapping trees.
I'm not sure how the tree tapping and sapping
will  go this year.  It's getting closer.
Last year it was mid March. And we actually had a bit of snow.
Here's hoping  that it gets a bit colder and snowier.


I tried making bread for the first time in my life without 
a bread maker.  It came out well and tasted good
but it was a bit dense.  I'm thinking I didn't knead it enough.
I'll try it another time. Because it was actually fun.


My bird feeders have been very busy. Birds, birds and more birds...
till a hawk showed up.  The feeders were very, very quiet for a few days.
Even though we have a very big black cat, he doesn't bother the birds
and they seem to know that. He'll be on the steps all day watching them 
and he'll never attempt to catch one.
But that hawk scared them. Finally they started showing back up today.

Well it's seed time!
I've done my seed order and already one order has shown up.
My favourite places to order are 
and 

Excellent quality heirloom seeds.
Give them a look.

Have a Blessed evening
Lisa


6 comments:

  1. String of pearls plant I haven't seen one in a while. I used to have lots of houseplants then allergies forced us to get rid of all of them. Apparently you have a green thumb:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa :) I saw your comment on Jenn's blog that you live in NS. We're currently in Quebec but moving to either NB or NS in a few months (haven't found the house yet, eek). I'm addicted to plants too, what is that second one? Looks like grapes or little tomatoes! I love your bird bird-feeder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what we call string of pearls. Sorry for not answering sooner. Where have you been looking in NS for a house? What's your reason for moving. Sorry for being nosey.

      Delete
    2. Not nosey! :) We want out of Quebec, pure and simple. But also, the property prices where we're looking (rural areas) are a lot more affordable. I would LOVE to be around the Fundy Bay on either side. I lived in Moncton for a few years then in Summerside on PEI and my sister lived in Halifax. I've been all over NS and Cape Breton was beautiful. We are basically looking everywhere at the moment except for anywhere near big cities or towns. We are currently looking at a place in NB kind of between Moncton and Saint John. It's so stressful but exciting at the same time. I don't remember losing this much sleep since I was at University lol!

      Delete
    3. Check out our area. Municipality of Clare in Southwest Nova Scotia. beautiful weather, small community, and very, very reasonable house prices.

      Delete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!