Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 7....H1N1

I'm wondering if I'll be able to go to work Monday like I'm supposed to. I can barely walk from the couch to the bathroom.

If I don't go to work Monday I will be in humongabonga trouble. It's our annual ladies night and it's all hands on deck. NOBODY can be exempt. I wonder what they'll do when I show up with my sweaty night sweats and my 101F (which is still there) and mingle with the customers. Plus I have to bake something to feed to the ladies. Nice H1N1 germs in there. I think I'll ask my mom to make her famous fudge.

Why do they call them night sweats when they are all day long?

I woke up with the worse headache EVER (I've had some doosies) at 3am this morning brought on by excessive coughing. This is why my hair hurts. Between Extra strenght Advil for migraines and hot packs on my head it went away.

I still cannot sleep in our bed. I don't know why. I've tried extra pillows changing positions and nothing helps. After 2 hours of tossing and turning I just go down stairs and sleep on the couch, which I promptly fall asleep. Weird. Maybe it's God's way of not letting me get too close to Dave while I'm sick. So he doesn't get it also. Not that he wants to get close to my stinky self. Yuck.

I can't really write anything about the farm, because I have no clue what's going on. Dave has been doing everything. Needless to say, the housework has gone awry. I also keep thinking of one week of no pay. Not good. Whether I'm stinky or not, I have to get back to work.


4 comments:

  1. I think that unless you take a bit turn in your helth that you SHOULD NOT go to work on monday. They don't want to get H1N1. Good idea for your mom to make the treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I sincerely hope you get to feeling better soon.

    That H1N1 is some nasty stuff.
    A freind of mine had it two weeks ago and is still not feeling good. Although the fever and body aches are gone, she has no energy and can barely make it through the day.

    And yesterday I heard that another friends 8 year old boy has it. He is having a lot of trouble breathing so she took him to the hospital to see a doctor. He prescribed a nebulizer and two differend drugs for him to take. She (the mom) is a naturalist type of gal and by that I mean that she is all organic everything and goes to a herbalist for holstic remedies. Has decided to only give him the nebulizer and not the other two drugs the doc prescribed and is going to give him instead some holstic stuff from her herbalist. She actually said to me on the phone that she hoped she wasn't killing him by going this route. The herbalist she sees apparently called 5 times yesterday to see how the kids was doing - that indicates to me that she is worried about it not working too.
    And I'll add that this kid has all sorts of allergies.

    On another note along the same vein. There was a case here in WI a few years ago about a young girl being diabetic and her folks praying to heal her instead of taking her to the doctor and she died. Both parents are in jail now for not getting her medical help. With stuff like that in the news how could a mother mess around with giving her kid herbal stuff when dealing with a proven killer like H1N1?

    I am mystafied..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know. I like doing to naturopathic route and ostheopathis route when possible, but ya gotta put sense where it belongs. Especially when it comes to my kid. If it's for yourself then, fine, screw with your life don't screw with your kids. That's my opinion anyway.

    I did end up with a sinus infection on top of H1N1. That's usually what does most of the damage. It's the secondary infections that come along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry to hear you are so sick! I just got back and haven't yet caught up on all the blogs I read. I hope and pray you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!