Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!

Ok, I'm going to try this again.
I've just deleted the entire blog for today by mistake.
I'm not impressed.

Well first of all, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas
and a happy Boxing Day.

A few days before Christmas J. and I baked cookies. We
kinda cheated and got Pillsbury cookie dough.
Oh well ... so sue me.
J. is really a pretty good cook. I think most
men are it's just that they fake it. It's easier for them to fake it and get
your wife to do it. I'm lucky
my hubby is a good cook.

In this area most people open their gifts on Christmas eve. We are
no exception. I got a Tassimo Machine! Can you tell I'm excited!
We got hot chocolate, decaf, regular and cappucino for it.
I worked till 3pm that day, then I came home and I made a chicken fricot
and J. and I made a birthday cake for Jesus, since it is his
birthday the next day.
It does say
"Happy Birthday, Jesus" under
all those sprinkles and sparkles.
I was having most of my relatives come over after the midnight mass
on Christmas eve. Well around here
midnight mass is really at 9pm.


Anyway we had chicken fricot, birthday cake and chatted
till 1am. Then everyone went home,
we went to bed and Santa showed up.

He left alot of Lego for J. and treats for the cats and goats.


Even though J. got the Lego, Dave got to put it all together. One kit had over 700
pieces!!


The cats were beside themselves with the new toys.

The goats got Squeezy Buns treats. They love those.

On Christmas Day we finally had snow. Well really it had snowed a few
days before and it actually stayed. We haven't had
a white Christmas in years! It was nice.

I was actually Whisper's first snow. She was not impressed.
We actually let them go in the pasture without the
fence being on, since the snow is over the
wires and it would ground it out anyway.
So far, they've not touched it.
The pigs loved the snow. Dave fed them outside since it was a beautiful day.
I got a really good photo of Wilbur trying to "hide" behind a
"HUGE" tree.
The chickens weren't too impressed with the snow. But that's nothing new.
I really think that the cold hurts their feet.
I'm thinking that Febe's mange is back. She's scratching again. I'm not sure what to
do now. I'm wondering if it really is mange. Whisper doesn't have it.
Speaking of Whisper. We just cannot tell if she's in heat or not.
It's driving me nuts! I think she was on Christmas Eve. There was
a teeny, tiny bit of slime. But that's it.
My parents came over for Christmas Day supper. My mom brought
rappie pie so I didn't have to cook. That was nice.
It looks weird, but it really is good.


Today we visited my aunt. She had major surgery a few weeks ago and
she's not permitted to do much of anything. So we brought left over fricot and rappie pie.

Well I have to go and make supper and bring the goats in. Hopefully this post
won't get deleted.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Remember "Jesus is the Reason for the Season!"


Lisa



3 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas to your family too! Looks like you all have been very busy with your festivities!

    If not mange, than what could it be I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, just what is Boxing day? We have it on the calender but in the USA we don't do anything about it. I'm glad that you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where it originally came from. Some say it was back in Victorian times in England, you would box up your leftovers and bring them to the poor. Whether this is true or not I don't know. Now it's just a big shopping day.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!