Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Aug 12, 2009 P.M.


Strange how everyday starts out with so much promise but can take such a nose dive by suppertime. All the piglets were doing so well today even the runt. But by suppertime we could tell that she wasn't doing well. Sometime was drastically wrong with her legs. She needed to be put down. This is easier said than done when you have an 8 year old tender-hearted animal lover on the premises. He was so distraught that it took all evening to calm him down. Our son wanted to have her put down because he knew she was suffering badly. But at the same time he didn't want her to die. Yet he didn't want to leave her the way she was because she was in pain. I think he was expecting divine intervention.

He was mad at Charlotte because she was ignoring her little one. He didn't understand that sometimes animals do that. Why? I don't know. Another one of God's little mysteries. That will be on my list of questions when I get to Heaven.

So now we are down to 9 little piggies.

Have a Blessed Day
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging. It's nice to see another goat blogger out there. How many goats do yo have? What kind? It sure does sound like you and your husband jumped into farm life! Pigs,goats and chickens.
    I was going to do chickens also this year but it fell through so I will wait till spring. Do you just have meat chickens or both or duel breed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Nubian and Alpines. I'm really just concentrating on Alpines.The Nubian is my son's. We had a Nubian doe this spring and she kidded 2 doelings. I was going to sell both but my son fell in love with one of them so I sold the doe and the other doeling. I've just started goating last fall. In September it'll be a year. I've noticed though that Febe, our milker is not giving all that much milk the last week. Any ideas on increasing milk production? We have both meat chickens and layers.

    It's nice meeting you. Like I said I'm new to this so I have no idea what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!