Monday, April 1, 2019

Long lost soul!

Things have been crazy busy around here the last year.
I didn't think it possible.
I'm not sure where to begin so I'll probably jump back and forth 
and here and there. Hopefully I won't confuse any of you.

First of all I no longer work at Home Hardware.  I had been working there 
for 13 years!! Wow!
It was very hard to leave because I loved the people that 
I worked with.  Yes, we got on each other's nerves
but that's what families do. And after 13  years of spending 
most of your waking hours with someone that's how 
you start to think of them.

But it was time to go. My health was getting worse. My heel spurs 
from standing for long periods of time and my tennis elbow
from doing repetitive movement (plus other physical issues I had that I won't mention) were getting worse and worse. The doctor didn't want me to lift
more than 15 pounds and that was my job!
I started looking for work.  I prayed on it a lot! and I wanted 
the perfect job if there was something possible.
In early November my manager at the radio station was moving.
I thought to myself..."hmmm...can I do that?"
So I thought, what the heck! I love the station, I love my community
I love being Acadian and all that it stands for and I had
more ideas in my brain than I knew what to do with!

So I applied...
and I got the job!
I am now general manager of Radio CIFA  104,1FM (check it out online)
Who would have thunk it?!

I love it! I meet new people constantly, always on the go shmoozing,
thinking up of new plans, radio shows etc...
BUT...all jobs have their down sides and this one has them 
also. Like the stress of keeping up a non profit community
radio station going and other things.
But no job is perfect. As long as the goods outweigh the bads
then it's all good!

The funny thing is that when I was told I had the job all I could think of
was Mr. Carlson the general manager of WKRP. Remember that
show?  The turkey drop?
As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly!
Well I promise never to drop turkeys out of a helicopter. 
What a weird thing to think of.

I'm done my third semester of the master gardener. Only one more to go.
Phew! I'm still writing gardening articles for the provincial french
newspaper. Dave and I are busy in the garden club.
Dave and I have also been asked to help a family of refugees
from Burma plant a garden this summer. 

Needless to say, I don't have part-time jobs like I did the last few years.
One is enough!

But I did start volunteering with Eastlink Community TV. 
I interviewed the cast and crew in a play.And they're thinking of having a 
french talk show and I'd be the host. 
How cool is that! It's volunteer, but it's so much fun!


On the farm things are going well. I have a few bantie hens and a rooster.
Just a few. I missed my hens but I didn't really want
an entire big flock, so these are really just pets, but they lay well.


I have always wanted to tap trees for maple syrup but we didn't have trees
on our property. Well we bought a piece of land on a tax
sale last year and it's full of maple trees. So for the last 2 weeks
we've been collecting sap and boiling sap. We only
tapped 19 trees, but we ended up with almost 13 liters. 
I'd say that's pretty good. I was hoping for a liter or two.

Our stash!

I'm now getting my beehive ready.  I gave it a coat of primer tonight and
I'll paint it tomorrow. The bees are ordered and expected in May.
Soon they'll be here and it's not
something you can just put on the shelf
till you're ready.


Can you believe that this young whipper snapper is graduating this year!


Well I think that's enough for now.

Have a blessed evening!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to have a piece of property with trees that we can tap someday. Enjoy the syrup. Kids grow up way to fast. My youngest is graduating this year too. Good luck to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! How wonderful that you are doing so well at your new job! It takes courage to make a switch like you did. Good for you! Your son sure has grown up. Love the family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little late to this, but I hope you are enjoying your new job.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!