Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kids say the darndest things!!

Last Saturday while I was at work and Dave was at the cattle sale, J. wanted to go to Grand-mere's (my mom).

At around 3:30 pm I got a call from a panicked Grand-mere saying that J. had fallen off a granite boulder and hit his head on another granite boulder! The medical center was closed so what should she do! No doctors on call! ACK! He had a bump on his head the size of not a goose egg, but an emu egg!

So by then Dave was back. So he went and picked up J. at my mom's and drove to the ER in Digby, picking me up along the way.

By this time J. was looking not much worse for wear. My mom had applied ice packs to the emu egg and so did Dave. The swelling had gone down a tremendous amount.

I sat in the backseat with J. and asked "What happened?"

There he was looking all sad, holding an ice pack to the emu egg when he looked at me and said,

" I was playing on top of a big boulder, that I was a Jedi Knight and I was swinging my sword, when I slipped and fell head first on the other granite boulder.....I guess the force wasn't with me."

Well I thought I was going to pee my pants laughing!!

I said to him, "No Sweetie, the force of gravity was with you though."


Have a Blessed Evening.
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I had a good giggle there at the end - the force wasn't with him!! What a sense of humor :) Good thing those kids have hard heads, eh?

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!