Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Winter from Hell!


I shall speak one more time about this winter and then I'll stop.

WoW!

This has been the worst winter since I was a kid.

It just did not want to stop snowing.

These pictures don't show exactly how much snow we've had.  Usually in this neck of the woods we'll have a big snow storm...the snow will last a few days, then rain.  And that will be the pattern till March when it pretty much just rains.

Let's put it this way, last year on April 18th I actually planted most of my veggies in my raised beds. By looking at the following pictures does it look like I'll be doing any planting anytime soon?

Ahh....no.
 The last few days we've had sun, so some of the snow has melted.
But I still can't get to my birdfeeder.  I've just been throwing the seeds on the snow.
Then this morning I thought, " Oh My Word! When the snow melts I'm going to have weird grass growing where I threw the seeds. Crud.

I'm so sick of snow.  When I woke up two days ago and it was -10 Celcius I almost cried. It's the end of March for Pete's sake!!! GIVE IT UP!

But God knows what we need and obviously He thinks we need snow.
It's giving rain for Saturday!
Awesome.
Everybody has run out of places to put the white stuff.

About two weeks ago while we were having a particularly bad snow storm..again. I turned to my co-worker and said, " You know what I just realized? That we're going to have to go through winter all over again next YEAR!AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

She just said, " we'll cross that path when we get to it."

Oh well, it's gotta go sometime.  Right?

By July it should be gone....right?

I think I'm going to cry.



Dave had to make a path to go dump the poop to our poop pile, but a few days after he made the pile it snowed again and you can no longer see the path...again.

Back yard.  You can't see the pond or the cast iron egret or my blueberry bushes. Sigh....I hope they survived.

Have a Blessed Day
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Yes that is a lot of snow. Thankfully though it's April and spring just has to come and soonly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to be getting another 15cm on Tuesday/Wednesday. Yippee.

      Delete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!