Sunday, January 3, 2016

Slow Cooker Granola Recipe

I've noticed that I've mentioned it before, but I've never posted my slow cooker granola recipe.

I've tried granola recipes before that you bake in the oven.
But the problem with those is that I usually end up burning them.

Then one day a friend of mine mentioned she had a recipe that was easy to make.
I must admit she was right.

So here's the almost (I did burn it once)foolproof 
slow cooker granola recipe!

Ingredients

5 cups rolled oats (the old fashioned kind)
1 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup corn oil
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt

Combine everything in a lightly oiled slow cooker and stir.
Cook on high uncovered for 1.5 hours
Stir occasionally
Reduce heat to low and cook for another 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
Use within 2 weeks.



It fills a 4qt slow cooker.

The ingredients aren't written in stone.
I never use coconut or raisins anymore.
Last batch I used dry, roasted, unsalted peanuts.
I also dried blueberries, pumpkin seeds, hemp, flax and chia seeds.

And Voila! a nutritious breakfast for the next two weeks.
I also use in on top of yogurt, ice cream...the possibilities are endless!


I tried adding this to my website but I cannot figure it out for the life of me!
My last helper had written step by step instructions on how to do it and I think the website people changed the format on me...again.
grrrrr....

Oh well...
Have a Blessed Evening
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!