Sunday, June 19, 2016

It seemed like a good idea...

You know when you think of something and it seems like a good idea at the time....
.
.
.
.
.
.
Well since the rat poison episode a few months ago
we've resorted to those nasty sticky traps.
But our rat and mice problem seems to have disappeared.
Though we still had a jumbo, super dooper, Princess Auto,
stick to anything sticky trap set in the barn.

I noticed that someone had biffed said trap outside by the barn door.
It was full of hay and dirt, so I figured it wasn't too sticky anymore.

So I left it there since I was busy. 
I figured that I would get rid of it the next day.

Well time has a way of flying by 
and yesterday it was still there.

And one of our chickens had walked in it.

There it was walking around with this huge trap stuck to it's foot.
Well really it was squawking around with the sticky trap stuck to it's foot.
I thought to myself, "If I could just get close enough...."

I don't think I need to elaborate.
But I will anyway.
Why I thought if I got close enough to the sticky trap to step on it 
and then I could catch the chicken, was a good idea...
I'll never know.

And that's what I did.

It was easy enough to sneak up on the chicken
and WHAM! I slammed my foot on the trap!

I still didn't clue in to what I had done.

I grabbed the chicken and set it free.

My Croc on the other hand
is
not
so
lucky.





It just won't come off.
I broke the larger part off but this part is still there.

But you know what the funny part is? No what I just said wasn't the funny part.
I actually, for a split second, contemplated putting my other foot
 on the other part of the trap to pry off my first foot.  Just for a split second.  
Ok, well long enough to lift up my foot and...think about what I was
about to do.

Sigh....

Well I thought it was a good idea.

Have a Blessed Evening
Lisa

1 comment:

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!