Friday, October 7, 2011

I've made the big time now!!!

It's been awhile, yes I know. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'm still here. I'm just trying to grab a hold of the world that seems to be spinning out of control. At the moment we are in need of another 4 or 5 hours in a day to make ends meets. FIL is moved in completely. He has his good days and he has his bad days. Today was not a good day. He's a lot worse than what we originally thought he was. His memory is going everyday. But there is nothing we can do. Other members of the family think that he is fine and he should still be on his own. That's all I'm going to say about that.

We did our large yardsale. It rained like a bugger but we did it anyway and sold everything. What didn't sell we called a person that buys estates and he came by and bought the stuff. Phew! At least that's gone.

Many things still need to be done before winter sets in an the way it's going that happened yesterday with the snow we had. I'm getting over-whelmed. The inside of our house needs to be done. While we had the siding off the house we changed some windows so that means the living room we just painted needs to be repainted, sills and casings put back in etc.... Our firewood isn't split, insulation needs to be put under the new floors etc.. etc.. etc...


We went apple picking last week. I have two bags of apples awaiting my attention, it'll have to wait another week. I found a recipe for canned apple pie filling and that's what I want to do.

Two weeks ago I was invited to speak to a group of ladies about my soap and our little farm. One of the ladies said that she was going to write a small article about me and my soaps in a provincial french newspaper. I couldn't believe it when a lady called me about my soap. She had seen it in a newspaper article!! I flew to the store to see and lo and behold there was the article and it wasn't a little one either, it was almost half a page!! Holy Schmoly! A picture of me and everything. I've made the big time now baby! Woohooo!!!



Mamma needs a new pair of boots! I had to invest in a new pair of rubber boots. Mine were only a year old but somehow it got a big crack over the ball of the foot. I was sick and tired of getting a wet left foot, so I invested in insulated rubber boots. From the kids section no less. I guess Walmart doesn't believe that adults need new rubber boots.

Well it's time for bed. I actually had to miss work yesterday because I was so sick. J. and I spent all day on the couch sleeping with Simonne. I've never seen a dog like that yet. She'll stay on any couch or chair that you put her on. She's so cute, perfect for an elderly person.

Have a Blessed Day.
Lisa

1 comment:

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!