Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cheese Biscuits

I found this recipe and it's delish!!!  I actually cut up Italian sausages and put them in. Like a sausage McMuffin!  That was really good!!

So I thought I'd share it with you.




Ruby Watchco's Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoon chilled unsalted butter cut into small pieces.  (I just used salt butter)
1 1/4 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup cold buttermilk
1 egg beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degree F
Combine first 6 ingredients in Stand mixer (or as I call it my Martha Stewart Mixer)
and blend.  Add butter and cut in using off and on turns until fine meal forms.  Mix in cheese.

Mix enough buttermilk in to flour miturre to bind dough together.  (For me it didn't take the whole cup)
Turn out onto floured surface and knead gently until combined. (about 10 turns.)
Pat dough to 3/4 inch thick. Using a 3" diameter cutter cut out biscuits.
Transfer biscuits to ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with egg wash. Bake until golden brown and firm to touch. About 18 minutes.  Serve warm.

I just happen to to sharp cheddar cheese but usually I just have marble, so next time I'll be trying with marble.  I think it will still be good.  I mean...come on...think about it...cheese and biscuits, it can't be bad.

Have a blessed day.
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely delicious :)
    I make almost the same thing except I usually add some cooked & crumbled pork sausage and some garlic salt.....they are a meal in themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great easy recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!