Saturday, April 18, 2020

I'm a lumberjack!

The piece of land that we tap the trees on was also
overgrown with other trees.
So Dave and Jamie had been going a while
back to cut down some trees.
We had it sawed into boards
and it's ready.
Ok, we have a lot of boards.
Enough to make me a cold room in  the basement
to keep our veggies fresh AND
a she shed for me!
I'm so excited!!! I've been collecting furniture
for a small she shed for a long time now.
I've been looking for one online but 
things are so expensive.  This way
it's going to be half the price and it'll be
from wood from our land which is kinda
cool.


This is the slab wood that was left from the boards.
This will be our wood to burn for next years sap season.


This is the wood that will be used for the she shed and my cold room.


I've finally decided to let the chickens loose.


They are happy to be running outside of their pens.


I find that is makes better eggs when they free range.
Happy hens make better eggs!

Have a blessed day.
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment even if it's just to say hello!